Friday, March 20, 2009

Today is kind of a busy day for me. Therapy appt. in the morning, concert at night. May not seem that big to most people for me, it will be. The appt. I can handle. It's two blocks away and if it weren't raining, I would enjoy walking there. I shall drive.

Back from therapy and all seems well. Much different than last time. Quiet weird actually. I decided that I no longer want to go because I just don't think I can sit in a room and answer the "how does that make you feel?" question over and over again. It's agreed that the blog is acceptable as long as I agree to remain honest. I'll admit that the feedback has been great and since I am not one to openly talk about how I feel and why, it's been such a release to use the blog to get it all out. And though not all blogs are published, I've still released those thoughts and I feel like the load is getting lighter.

Concert time. It's an all acoustic set featuring Evan Taubenfeld, This Providence and The Academy Is. I'm a little nervous because I know there will be at least 200 people there. It's at The Hawthorn Theatre, so it's a very familiar setting for me. There is a small bar that is upstairs and overlooks the stage/floor. There is hardly ever anyone up there. I figure I can sit up there while Kaitlyn and her friend enjoy the show stage side. The drive is fine. No issues. Waiting in line, no problem. I work the crowd, handing out my promotional materials: band postcards and stickers. I even take pictures of the fans holding up their newly acquired goodies to send back to the record label and bands. Concert starts, I decide to stay on the floor, toward the back. Show is amazing. Evan is an upcoming artist who is funny, funny, funny and amazingly talented. (listen for him on your radio soon~first single-Boy Meets Girl) This Providence was a little awkward but rather good all the same. The Academy Is was just William Beckett himself. Amazing. This guy certainly can sing and in my opinion should really do more acoustic sets. Not to mention, he is just adorable.

Anyway, a successful day. I am bouncy and talkative and ready for more days like today!