Monday, March 16, 2009

I developed a major headache on Sat. and have been in bed since. I slept almost all day yesterday and still woke up this morning with the same headache. This is not a new thing for me. I have had these headaches for years now. They come on fast and stay for at least three days and up to a week. There is no medication that I have found that relieves the pain and there is no common trigger for them. The pain is intense, located in the middle of my forehead just above my right eye and at the base of my skull on the same side. The pain does not wrap around my head but goes straight through from one point to the next.

Despite my pain, I have had a successful day. Again, little success' that I'm celebrating but it helps me focus and allows me to look back and know that I can continue to get better. Today I woke up and the sink was full of dishes. No big deal. I have to admit, when I shrugged my shoulders and started to walk away, I paused and ask myself if I was really going to just walk away. Yep, I did. Not upset, no frustration, just walked away. :) Next, Kaitlyn missed the bus. I woke up Stephen, got both boys dressed, got in the car and drove her to school. Didn't even think twice about it. I left the house and returned without having any type of panic attack at all. I finally felt normal. Now granted, I didn't have to leave the car and interact with the public, but I still went away from the house. Last Weds. I had a major meltdown before I even left the house, knowing I had to drive Kaitlyn and her friends downtown.

So, today I'm smiling, headache and all. The sun is shining through the rain and all is well.

ETA: On a different note, Brenden has gone 'potty' in the toilet three times this weekend. He told us her had to go, we put him on and he went. So, we may be on our way to potty training. Yay, Brenden!! Now, if we can just get him to talk. lol.