Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So, I was deep in thought today. I know, crazy, right? lol. And I remembered that when I lived in Sacramento, my parents gave me a little gift to lift my spirits. I seemed to be going through a 'down phase' and they wanted to remind me that there are so many things to be happy about. So, the gift was a book. The title, "10,000 Things To Be Happy About". No stories, no pictures just a fat book which was really just a list of things that made the author smile. So, here is my list for the day:

Sunny Weather
Childrens laughter
My Sister's sense of humor
Music
Hot showers
quiet time
birds singing
long walks
My family's support
photographs
coloring books and bright crayons
baking cookies
going to the zoo
picnics in the park
coconut cream pie
a day at the beach
little cafes
quiet weekends away
stolen kisses
butterflies
spring flowers emerging in the brisk air
snow falling
shooting stars
long drives to no planned destination
rainbows
waterfalls
calm lakes
kittens
museums

and of course, the list goes on and on but that's for another day. :)