Sunday, March 01, 2009


As a Christmas present, my wonderful parents got us tickets to the Brad Paisley concert. So, excited! Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley and newcomer Crystal Shawanda. Jeff and I are big fans of Brad and Dierks so we are really excited about the show. And the show comes at a time when we are really ready for some time without the kids. What a blessing.
My parents came over to watch the kids. Jeff and I went to McMenimans for dinner and arrived at the Rose Garden in time to find our seats just as the lights dimmed for the show. The show was amazing. I love watching performers do their thing and these guys certainly did not disappoint. Dierks interaction with the crowd was awesome and Brad let his sense of humor shine. And of course, the other band member play their hearts out and certainly don't go unnoticed by me. There is constant video streaming upon the screen behind them. Some just showing pictures or the video that corresponds with the song, others are just dancing lights. And even the guy sitting next to me who may have spilled more alcohol on him than he managed to drink or the guy behind us who constantly shouted "y-e-a-h Brad" as if it were a sporting event, couldn't have put a damper on the evening. So, many, mnay, many thanks to my parents for the gift. It was a great night, dinner, music and laughter. Doesn't get much better than that.