Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bedrest with 2 kids to take care of? Yeah right. My doctor put me on 6 weeks of strict bedrest. I have been cramping like CRAZY and have had contractions off and on daily. I've been through this before, I know to lay down for an hour, drink an insane amount of liquid and empty my bladder as often as possible. So, I hadn't really been concerned about it all but when my doctor checked me out, I am already in the dialation/softening phase. So....here we go again. I was given a week to try to simplify things around here so I wouldn't have much to do. Suggestions were to buy frozen meals or make some and freeze them for quick dinners, split laundry up so that the loads become smaller and actually less work, make the kids do more for themselves, etc. etc. This isn't going to work. I can tell you that already. It's not like I do a ton of stuff around here but there are days when the boys don't let me sit down for very long. It's always something. And somehow they know when things are bad for me because that's when all hell breaks loose and my stress level skyrockets. So, bedrest? Yeah, if it happens it happens. If not, well, I'm not perfect, right?