Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Medicine means new side effects.

Yay, me. I hate taking medication. HATE IT!! But we do what we have to do in order to get better, right? I have to trust that this medication is going to help me in the long run. So, here we go with feeling more worse in order to feel better. Side effects include....dizziness, nausea, dry mouth, loss of appetite, hard to swallow (feels like my mouth and throat are swollen), sleepiness, hot and cold flashes, change of taste in my mouth (weird), constant yawning, and burred vision. I take the medication at night so that I can hopefully sleep through most of the effects. I can say that it has helped me to fall asleep faster but makes me feel like I'm rolling down a hill because of the dizziness effect. Yes, even when I sleep, nice, huh?

ETA: Jeff said that the first night of the double dose, I was mumbling, not forming any real words and that I was completely 'out of it'. I feel asleep sitting up, so was slumped over and he had to put me to bed.