Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's amazing what time does. I'm tired. I hurt. I think I'm completely crazy for carrying this baby inside of me. I am currently 24 weeks along and feel like I've hit my 9th month. Not just on the uncomfortable level but this baby feels big. He is sprawled out from hip to hip and cradles himself at the base of my tummy. I imagine it's completely comfy down there because he doesn't change positions much. He does like to kick and punch though. Especially when it's time for me to go to bed. As soon as I lay down, he's up and moving around. Sometimes I think I've just upset his comfy spot and he now needs to find a new one and other times it feels like he's just letting me know that he's up, getting his exercise, practicing for his life on the outside. Regardless of his position or movements, I love the feeling of him bouncing around. It never ceases to amaze me that I have once again been given the incredible gift of carrying a child. It's an amazing feeling having a little life growing inside of you. I feel bad for complaining. I try not to but I'm tired. It's certainly one one situation where I have to admit that I am getting older. My body is different than it was two years ago. (sigh)